Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bad Bad Boy!

For the fist time ever, but certainly not the last time...my little boy broke my heart. As I have come to find out parenting is not always rainbows and kittens. The other night we decided to have a family movie night with the boys, Wes was about to leave on a golf trip. So we thought we had better do something fun with the boys before he left and they wouldn't see him for awhile. We popped our popcorn and put in a new movie we bought just for the occasion. My little boys love animals (they must get that from their dad) so we thought we would get them Brother Bear. Our thinking was bear movie + their love of animals = great movie night. Which it did turn out to be fun, the boys liked it, and it was a good way to send their dad off. However, after watching the movie my 2 yr. old picked up on a new word....SHUT UP! A couple of the characters in the movie get into a play fight and start telling each other to SHUT UP. My son thought it was funny. Well he decided to start using the word.


Here he is looking all sweet and innocent in his favorite tie.

Don't let the picture fool you, on this night he was no angel. He got in trouble for pushing his brother down for the millionth time. So I took away his toy (buzz light year), which made him start to scream and cry like a crazy man. So I told him to go lay down on the couch until he could contain himself. So he decided to march himself to the couch, lay down and yell SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!!.

Did you hear that, that sound was my heart breaking. So I very calmly went over to him and marched him to his room where he had to lay down in bed for about 10 min (when he stopped crying), then had a long, very LONG talk with him on why we can't say mean things like shut up. So in my long speech, I told him that he hurt mommy's feelings. His response was " I kiss, it!! Sorry momma!!"

So needless to say I am very irritated with kids movies, why do they put material in it that isn't appropriate for children to say or do?? If they are going to put adult material in it, then they need to say that it is for adults and not for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment