Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another busy weekend.

It has been awhile since my last post and again so much has gone on. I have lots of pictures to post but I think it will have to be on a post on all of its own. Last Sunday was my grandmother's 78th Birthday! She is still very beautiful and kind she has the biggest heart and loves helping out other people. One of my favorite qualities she has is her love of helping others. We celebrated by going to this really cute cupcake shop in downtown OKC called sara sara cupcakes, it was so divine. My family was all wanting my opinion of the place since I am known as the cake lady in my family. I had the red velvet cupcake it was very good. Then we all went back to my grandmothers house to vist, it was wonderful. This weekend we will still be celebrating with her by going to a dinner thetre here in OKC. I can't wait it will be so much fun. Let me also back track a bit, on Friday night my wonderful mother came up to stay the night with us. I had a cake to make for a wedding shower and my husband had FREE tickets to the thunder game. So she helped us out with the babies. I will be posting a pic of the cake later, it turned out so cute. Saturday I met one of my best buddies at Chick-fli-a for breakfast and to deliver the cake. I love their breakfast chicken + biscuit = divine goodness. After breakfast I had to meet back up with my mother and husband to go watch my baby brother play volley ball. My little brother is 15 years old, and this is the first sport he has played in. It was so much fun to see him play, his team ended up winning the tournamnet. I am so proud of him. He was so excited.
Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of my husband and I's first date. We had the typical college date. He picked me up from work (becasue even back then I was a work-a-holic) then we went to the movies (we watched dragonfly), then he drove me back to my car parked at the mall. Where he had to scrape the ice off of my car because we had a bad storm come thru while I was working. Oh and we kissed when he dropped me off. It was the typical first date, but there was just something magical that night that I can't explain. I came home that night just knowing that he was the man I was going to marry. And 3 years and a 1 1/2 mo. later we did. He is truly an amazing man. And after 5 years of being married we have 2 of them most wonderful little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment