Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sooner Nation

If you do not live in Oklahoma and you are waking up this morning hearing a faint roar in the distance, do not be alarmed! That sound you are hearing would be the chanting of the Sooner Nation yelling out BOOMER..SOONER...BOOMER..SOONER over our TEXAS victory!!! If you do not live in Oklahoma you may not understand why this game is so important. But if you do, then you are as excited as I am for the victory!! This year was my first time ever to go to the game. And up until now, every Sooner fan I know has told me that before I die it is a must do on your bucket list! And I would have to say that I would agree! It was by far such an amazing experience. The whole day was fun, there is nothing like taunting the other team with Texas SUCKS!!! I went this year with my 7? year old grandmother (the "?" is becuase I am not allowed to discuss her true age, she knows she is old but no one is supposed to know...not even I) You are probably wondering what an 7? year old grandma is doing at such an event, but you have never met my grandmother. She has had season tickets to OU since the sixties. And since then she has only missed two games. Both because of my grandfather being sick, which she was not and I repeat NOT happy about!!! If you are in our family you know NOT to plan anything on a home game or she will not be there. And if its an away game, you better not think about it either! She once came to my cousin Johnny's wedding with a radio headset so she could listen to OU vs. Nebraska while the wedding was going on. I am pretty sure she even yelled out a big YES when they said I DO because OU scored!! She has been known to leave the birth of her great-grandchildren to go to OU vs. Texas!! She is the meaning of die hard fan. So going to the games with her is a lot of fun! She does the wave, the OOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!, the BOOMER SOONER, high fives when we score, and chants " hey ref you suck!! She can name off any football stat, or any information on the players and their family! She has amazing football knowledge!
So going with her made the game even better. The game is held at the cotton bowl while the Texas state fair is going on. So when you get there you can ride the rides, eat the fair food, and enjoy the great game. The game was awesome we stayed ahead the whole game which is always nice. We almost gave it up in the end with the two fumbles, but then our SOONER magic came into play and we recovered it. Thank goodness!! All in all it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment